Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies I've Ever Had!

When my husband bought my push present after having our son, it came with a few extra perks! I suppose that is what you get when you purchase a luxury vehicle like the Acura MDX! I can truly say that Roger Meeker at Acura of Brookfield took excellent care of us! First, they gave me a dozen beautiful, pink roses - and these weren't cheap roses either - they lasted a good 2 weeks before they started to wilt and I had to throw them away!!

Second, a couple of weeks after purchasing the car, we received a tin of delicious chocolate chip cookies as another "thank you" gift! The cookies were so addictive that my husband and I ate the entire dozen in 2 days! I know - that's horrible, especially if I'm trying to get back in shape after the baby! Haha The best part about these cookies though? They sent the recipe with them! How great is that?! I have made these cookies 3 times in the last week and they just do not stay around long! My husband just can't get enough and I he sees me eating one, he panics asking if its the last one!
I can't take credit for the recipe, but I do promise to share anyways, so that anyone who comes across this blog post can enjoy these delicious cookies as much as we have! I think the secret is in the butter flavored shortening and the full Tablespoon of vanilla extract!
Here you go!

The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies (I did alter this title - haha)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Butter Flavored Shortening
1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon Real Vanilla Extract
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed of mixer until well blended.
Beat in egg.
Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Mix into creamed mixture a little at a time until just blended.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonful 3-inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE!! After 8 minutes, cookies will not appear quite done, but take them out anyway; they will continue cooking on the cookie sheet outside of the oven.
Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet outside oven for 2-3 minutes and then remove to aluminum foil to finish cooking.
Produces about 3 dozen cookies.

Please feel free to enjoy this recipe and pass on to your friends & family! Also, if you know anyone in the midwest looking for a new vehicle, send them over to Acura of Brookfield to see Roger and let him know we sent you! :)

1 comment:

  1. This post is a great resource for so many blog things. Thanks for the info.
    Excellent article! We will be linking to this great article on our site.Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete