Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Stefani Geurts told me about a recipe she found and tried on Pinterest. She modified it slightly, so I tried her version for dinner tonight and it was a hit with the hubby and my sister who is staying with us while she is in college. When I asked my husband for a quote about our chicken tacos tonight he said, "spicy delish!" The original recipe came from the blog Chocolate Therapy, but with Stefani's modification I had to repost. This is so easy and perfect for a weekend meal or a weekday if you can let your crockpot run all day long.

Here is the recipe:


Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 16-oz jar salsa (any variety)
1 package cream cheese
Taco shells
Your preferred taco toppings

Put chicken, taco seasoning, salsa and cream cheese in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. You will know the chicken is ready when you can easily shred it with a fork or the tongs. I had mine on high for about 5 hours then on low for another 2.

Serve with your favorite taco toppings. We had shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream and Ortega taco sauce with ours tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment